The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms and programmes to the broader community in all fields of science and technology, including natural sciences, engineering, social sciences and humanities.
iThemba LABS is Africa·s leading research facility for accelerator-based science that is committed to advance knowledge, transforming lives and, inspiring the nation through probing fundamental structure and the origins of matter; Advancing the understanding of condensed matter; Impacting the Societal need through provision for the health and environmental sector.
iThemba LABS seeks to appoint an Inventory and Sourcing Administrator in the Nuclear Medicine Department to ensure adequate stock, forecast inventory for routine radioisotope production and maintain Bill of Materials for all products. The Inventory and Sourcing Administrator will source and procure stock and services as well as track shipments in compliance with the relevant policies and
procedures. The position involves clerical functions in receiving, handling and dispatching stock.
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Employer: The National Research Foundation (NRF)
- To ensure efficient stock control.
- Forecasting inventory for daily radioisotope production schedules.
- Maintain inventory on D365.
- Maintain Bill of Materials for Isotope Production final product for sale.
- Sourcing and procuring stock and non-stock goods and services.
- Track shipments.
- Perform routine manual/clerical functions in receiving, handling and dispatching production stock.
- Comply with all NRF policies and regulations.
- National Diploma: Finance/Supply Chain Management /Business Administration or related.
- Three years·experience within a computerized stock control, within a supply chain management environment.
- General stores experience.
- Working experience of inventory control on:
- Inventory planning for fast moving goods production.
- Monthly stock reviews.
- Continuous inventory database maintenance.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, specifically MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Procurement framework.
How To Apply:
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV by logging to https://ess.nrf.ac.za/Account/Recruitment and apply online. Applications should be accompanied by a letter of motivation indicating the applicant·s suitability for the position. The names and contact details of at least three referees should be provided.
Closing Date: 29 May 2022
The NRF offers a challenging career and competitive remuneration package which is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The NRF is committed to employment equity and redress and the appointment to the position will be made in line with the NRF
Employment Equity Plan.
The NRF reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Correspondence will be sent to short-listed candidates only