A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Payments Clerk to join our team in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this role is to accurately process payments to 3rd parties, conduct administrative support and assist with In-house system configuration.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
The Payments Clerk reports directly to the Treasury supervisor. This position is responsible for ensuring that 3rd party top ups are made timeously as well as carrying out expense payments by processing all invoices to ensure they are timeously paid. The Payments Clerk is also required to provide support by carrying out assigned administrative tasks from time to time as well as acting as back-up to Treasury Assistant when required.
Location: Cape Town
Internal Liaison takes place with the Accounts and Treasury teams as well as call centre staff.
External liaison takes place with 3rd parties and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include but is not limited to):
- Monitor balances for 3rd party products to ensure sufficient balances are available
- Check for international payments and transfers to ensure allocations are made timeously
- Process expense payments for allocated companies to ensure accounts are paid timeously.
- Provide assistance with the In-House System configuration
- Provide support to the treasury team
- Deliver Excellent customer Experience by owning resolution of queries and proactively sharing best practice with the team
- Prepare payment files and process payments via electronic transfers accurately
- Assist bookkeepers and accounts team with queries raised
- Ensure that all queries are resolved within the SLA
- Assist treasury supervisor with monthly expenses cash flow forecasts
- Update group bank balances daily
- Assist with Ad-Hoc requests from time to time
- Assist and support the team with inbound/outbound and admin requirements
- Act as backup for colleagues when required
- Manage own professional and self-development
- Attend weekly KPI meeting with Treasury Supervisor
- Attend monthly performance meeting with Treasury Supervisor
- Attend all required training courses for new products
- Assist the treasury supervisor with process documentation
- Grade 12 / or equivalent (Essential)
- Degree/diploma (Desirable)
- 2 years’ experience in an Accounting / Treasury environment (Essential)
- 1 year experience with Valtari Software (Desirable)
- 1 year experience in Remittance Industry (Desirable)
- Knowledge of money transfer procedures
- Knowledge of online banking
- Knowledge of Systems
- Knowledge of African currencies
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of EFTS
- Knowledge Of the required service offering
- Knowledge of AML practices
- Computer skills
- Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
How To Apply:
Closing Date: 15 May 2022
Should you be appointed in a remote/work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS