Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
|Internal & External|
|Section:||SGL – Services||Reference:||508215|
|Closing Date:||09 May 2022||Job Grading:||C-Upper|
|Type of employment||Permanent||No of Positions||01|
Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Location: North West
|The appointee should:|
- Have CCNA qualification or more than 3 years’ experience in networking.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in solving network problems of infrastructure issues to manage the performance and capacity of the traditional ICT networking environment, including the technical delivery on projects.
- Optical fibre splicing within the business and to ensure fibre networks has got stable links with minimal DB losses as far as possible to ensure links functions optimally
- Have knowledge of specialised tools for monitoring
- Have knowledge with the use of SolarWinds
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users
- Have good understanding of Sibanye business needs related to ICT Networks
- Ensure fibre and physical link failures are identified and repaired as quickly as possible
- Have solid experience in Cisco, Dell, Aruba configurations and maintenance
Co-ordinate and assist in all new fire installations surface and ensure redundancy path where possible
- Ensure all ICT networks is documented, and records kept up to date of IP addressing and routing
- Be creative in thinking “outside the box”
- Have a valid SA driver’s license with own transport
- Be willing to travel if and when required
- Be able to Install, configure, upgrade, monitor, maintain and administer all network related functions in Sibanye on the Local Area network infrastructure
- Demonstrate good verbal and written English communication skills
- Pay attention to detail, and have a meticulous and well-organized work method
- Display strong analytical, problem solving
- Have unquestionable integrity and work ethic
- Be a team player, but show resourcefulness and abilities in producing deadline-driven results
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- ITIL foundation will be an advantage
- Solarwinds qualification will be an advantage
|Key responsibilities include:|
- Manage and maintain the delivery of networks and the uptime
- Provide a stable platform for the delivery of ICT computer systems which meet current and future business requirements
- Implement the rollout of firmware updates, network rearrangements, and the installation of new equipment and facilities with Repair, and Field Operations, minimizing Customer impact and maximizing the productivity of resources
- Ensure the proactive use of applicable tools to monitor network performance and be alerted when set thresholds are reached and action the alerts
- Implement and position the data and voice communications network to meet current requirements and future business challenges
- To ensure that all networking devices have a reliable backup to be used to restore switch and networking equipment faster
- To ensure that the correct authorisations requested for creation, deletions and moves are correctly captured within the system and comply with the license agreements
- Ensure the network infrastructure has sufficient capacity to satisfy the data requirements (no congestion)
- Implementations in the current data communications network structures and the identification of areas for improvement and short- and long-term plans to remedy these
- Administrative: Documentation management, information access controls and sanctions for failure to comply.
- Support of complex network environments.
- Maintaining technical networking diagrams and drawings with senior team members
- Adhere to Sibanye ICT policies and procedures.
- Securities and monitoring, hardening best practice – solid understanding and implementation
- Troubleshooting – Networking
- Fibre works required and understanding of fibre networks
- Patching, risk analysis and business impact
- Vulnerability analysis
- Investigation, feedback.
- Networking and routing, iptables firewalling
How To Apply:
|Interested parties should complete and submit the standard job application form using the link below:|
Internal : http://www.careers.sibanyestillwater.com/ci/en/listing/
HR Contact Person : Tshidi Mokgwabone
Recruitment Person : Nokuthula Masophi
Recruiter’s contact number : 011 278 9636
NB: Kindly note that HR personnel at the operations should assist internal applicants to apply should they need assistance.