To oversee the Rebates department and ensure rebates are processed according to the Contractual agreement.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Employer: Pick N Pay
- Relevant Financial University degree
- 3 – 5 years Financial Accounting and knowledge of Rebates
Duties & Responsibilities
- Trading Terms
- Compile annual data for the Trading term Template to be used as part of the negotiations in the Trading Term Discussions
- Monitor overall adherence of trading terms for the Group and take corrective action on any identified trading term anomalies in the system.
- Ensure all trading terms are safeguarded and stored appropriately
- Contractual billings
- Ensure contractual billing are processed accurately and on a timeous basis. Maintain a record of contractual billings processed.
Monitor the Trial Balance on the DC for all trade accounts. Ensure all monies collected for trade in the DC are paid out to the respective regions.
Conclude in-depth analysis before final payments of incentives and rebates are done to all Corporate and Franchise Divisions.
Monitor payment received and follow up on outstanding amounts to ensure compliance to payment terms.
Oversee the manual billing process and address unpaid billings with relevant Heads of Department within the Merchandise Division and GMD.
Maintain accurate records of manual billings processed to date, ensuring all in-house controls have been followed.
Manage and safeguard all vendor agreements and contracts.
Month end processes
Perform month end processes to ensure rebate general ledger accounts are appropriately accounted and classified in the month end period. viz, Sallies, Tallies, Bonus Buys, Re-allocation of Rebates.
Perform Commercial Division Control Account Recons.
Manage the customer accounts of vendors with outstanding amounts relating to manual rebate billings. Manage the ageing of debtor’s balance, ensuring ageing is not older than 90 days
New Vendor Listing
Check new vendor pack for compliance against in-house standard procedures (BBBEE compliance, VAT legalities, banking details etc) before submission to the Master Data department for new account to be opened.
Monitor and maintain changes to vendor trading terms and raise queries with relevant Divisional Head within 48 hours. Ensure confidentiality of vendor trading terms is maintained all the time.
Lead, mentor and coach direct reports and ensure effective management and utilisation of employees. Ensures the human resources policies, procedures and practices are consistently implemented. Manage employee performance and provide regular feedback. Keep team up dated.
Respond to both internal and external auditor queries during financial reporting and on an ad-hoc basis
Manage all Rebate related queries on the Pick N Pay Supplier portal, The INFO HUB & The Customer Insights Portal.
- Business Mindedness
- Results Orientation
- Controls Quality & Standards
- Team Leadership (leading, coaching, delegating)
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Excellent Communication skills
- Deadline driven and results orientated
- SAP Compliant
Competency based interview to assess above requirements and competencies
How To Apply:
Closing Date: 17 May 2022