An exciting opportunity has become available with RCL FOODS for a suitably qualified and experienced Electrician. The role falls under the Chicken Division and forms part of the Animal Feed Business Unit.
The vacancy is based in the Western Cape, falling under the Worcester region.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
The purpose of the role is to implement safety, health, environment, quality and risk systems within the feed mill operation and to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and updating of the Total Integrated Management System.
Employer: RCL Foods
- Completed N3 qualification
- Completed a recognized Trade test as an Electrician.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electrician, preferably in FMCG.
- Implements Operational asset productivity and care through the planned maintenance strategy.
- Noting and raising maintenance issues with the maintenance manager.
- Maintains workshop appearance and housekeeping of wire panels which control the functioning of machines.
- Fault finds on various electrical equipment to ascertain the problem.
- Conduct planned maintenance as per job card schedule and signs off job once job has been completed. This is then sent to the planner to keep a record of jobs done.
- Attends to electrical breakdowns timeously which reduces production downtime.
- Maintains panels by cleaning them, making sure connections tight and there are no hot spots so panels are in optimal working condition.
- Determines if electrical faults are PLC related and assists with PLC programming to correct faults.
- Assists with mechanical maintenance when needed.
- Implements and complies to Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure that documentation required within the Total Integrated Management Systems is applied consistently within scope of function.
- Completes a spare requisition once spares have been drawn from stores in – order to have the buyer procure and replenish stock.
- Guide, trains and coordinates the functions of the artisan.
- Performs duties in line with HACCP and Safety Requirements
- To ensure efficient and cost-effective maintenance to all electrical equipment.
- To be pro-active in identifying potential faults/breakdowns before they occur and ensure faults/breakdowns are kept to a minimum as a result of plant inspections and awareness.
- To perform various projects of an electrical nature. Projects are completed in agreed times and to the correct specifications.
- To ensure that all breakdowns are attended to in a cost effective manner and production downtime due to breakdowns is kept at a satisfactory level.
- To ensure the continued good condition of all equipment and that all equipment is maintained as per proper practice.
- To be willing to do stand-by duty.
- To ensure that all call outs are answered promptly and efficiently to ensure that production losses are not adversely affected by failure to answer calls and lack of proper fault finding techniques.
- To be willing to perform work outside of normal working hours.
- To practice and enforce codes of safety and housekeeping.
- To ensure compliance to the work permit / lockout system in use at the Feed site.
- To ensure that all information submitted on work orders is correct.
- To ensure that all completed work orders / documentation is timeously submitted to foreman to check so that no backlogs occur due to delays in submitting completed work orders and other documentation.
- To avoid comeback jobs and maintenance costs as a result of poor workmanship.
- To ensure no unnecessary fines for maximum demand from C.C.P, when power factor correction is kept in working order and weekly inspections carried out.
- To ensure that proper fault-finding procedures are correctly followed and unnecessary costs are not incurred as a result of poor fault finding techniques.
- To ensure proper time management
Knowledge and Skill:
- Ability to work in a team Relevant Trade Test. Knowledge of PLC’s, Sensors, VLT’s etc.
- Have good problem-solving ability with high attention to detail.
- Be prepared to work overtime (including weekend overtime) with standby responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the occupational health and safety act and safety requirements
- Attention to detail
- Solutions driven
- Technical minded
- People management
- Must be able to handle problems encountered with machinery and find a solution with immediacy
How To Apply:
Closing Date: 06/05/2022