The main purpose of this position is to collect, process, compile and analyse balance of payments statistics in the Economic Statistics Department at the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:• Collect statistics, update and maintain a database, and analyse statistics.
• Provide statistical information (internal and external).
• Liaise with internal stakeholders and external survey respondents.
• Apply methodological standards to ensure adherence to international best practice.
• Assist in special projects and in conducting research of statistical methodologies.
• Perform general administrative and ad hoc tasks as required.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
• an Honours degree with Economics and/or Accounting as a subject(s), or an equivalent qualification; and
• at least two years’ experience in the field of economic analysis and financial economics.
Additional requirements include:
• an affinity for statistics;
• an affinity for computerised systems;
• initiative and problem-solving skills;
• good communication and interpersonal skills; and
• the ability to pay attention to detail.
How To Apply:
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the SARB’s ERP system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za.
• All the available vacancies will be visible.
• Please follow these links: WORK @ SARB > Latest vacancies.
− Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process); or
− Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
• Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
• Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualification(s) with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 26 April 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her competence and experience.