The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation.
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies, and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you. The following opportunity exists in the Earth Observation situated in Pretoria, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, qualifications.
The successful candidate will: promote SANSA Earth Observation’s data, value added products and services and maintain a sales order book through providing exceptional customer service, executing sales, and implementing marketing activities and campaigns.
Key performance Areas will include:
- Sales, order processing and customer support
- Data dissemination
- Contract management
- Stakeholder Liaison
The ideal candidate will have the follow requirements:
- A relevant degree in Geography, Earth Sciences, GIS & Remote Sensing Strong knowledge of Sales and Marketing
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in GIS or Remote Sensing
- An additional 2 years marketing experience would be advantageous
- Ability to interact with customers in a customer care and support environment
- Well developed communication skills • Computer literate (Specifically MS Office & GIS)
- Background and experience in remote sensing and its applications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, sound product knowledge, ability to work under pressure, and have perseverance
- Dynamic, self-motivated, problem-solving attitude and aptitude is essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply:
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity Act. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under- represented designated groups.
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV, and apply on: https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 22 April 2022