The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression.
Location: Cape Town
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRY ADMINISTRATOR
Duration: 5 Year Fixed Term Contract
Cochrane South Africa (CSA), based at the South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC), is committed to working in the field of evidence-informed policy and practice. An appropriately qualified and experienced Clinical Trial Registry Administrator is required to join our team for the operation of the clinical trial registries hosted by Cochrane South Africa, including the South African National Clinical Trials Register (SANCTR) and the Pan African Clinical Trials Registry (PACTR).
Project work which includes the successful operation of the clinical trial registries:
- Provide administrative support to researchers and processing trial applications timely
- Liaise with IT team to resolve technical issues with the databases
- Email/telephonic support to trialists attempting to register
- Trialists are informed promptly of missing data items
- Assist with annual reporting and outputs reporting
- Draft and edit documents according to project requirements
- Meeting coordination with stakeholders include notification of meetings, preparation of agenda and minutes
Data management and analysis:
- Manage trial data information and conduct analysis to identify research tops.
- Conduct trial data to contribute to reports to the NDoH Research outcomes include publishing in ISI accredited journals
- File all clinical trial registration applications
- Schedule and prioritise multiple tasks through proper planning, attention to detail, and a high standard of organization
- Search and source appropriate conferences, meetings, and lectures for clinical Trial Registry stakeholder engagement
- Maintain the formal network in place
- Maintain contact database developed by the project manager – update contacts as new stakeholders become involved
- Be available to answer calls from trialists
- Provide stakeholders and key individuals with promotional materials for the Clinical Trial Registries (PACTR and SANCTR)
Presentation and research dissemination:
- Contribute to the development of presentation and workshop materials regarding the importance of clinical trial registration, open access, and data sharing
- Contribute to research reports and publications
- Participate in presentations at national or provincial meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Four-year tertiary qualification (Honours degree) in health sciences, allied health field, public health of epidemiology or similar, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and or training in the health field or higher
- 1- 2 years of public health experience
- Clinical trial knowledge, i.e., be able to identify and evaluate trials correctly
- Biostatistical and epidemiological skills
- Cochrane review experience
- Production of peer-reviewed articles
- Experience with liaising, networking, and consulting with a variety of stakeholders
How To Apply:
Terms & Conditions: The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. By submitting your application, SAMRC concludes that you are a competent person to consent and that you are giving consent to the SAMRC to process and further process all personal information contained in the application in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No 4 of 2013 (as amended). Applicants are advised that the SAMRC has adopted a Workplace Policy on Covid-19 Vaccinations as part of its conditions of employment. The SAMRC does its best to provide the most accurate information; however, if there is anything wrong and unclear applicants are encouraged to contact the HR Recruitment Office at 021-938 0648 before the closing date.
A salary in the region of R379 853 per annum, cost-to-company.
Closing date: 24 April 2022
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R496A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SHOULD YOUR APPLICATION NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION.
This website is optimised for secure, standards compliant web browsers. In order to view and use this website, you should use a web browser other than Internet Explorer.
Options include: The latest version of “Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera and Safari”