The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI).
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
The following opportunities exists in Hermanus, Western Cape to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies and qualifications. This position requires the incumbent to be based in Hermanus.
Technical Assistant (Facility SERVICES)
Reporting to the Facilities Services Manager, the incumbent will ensure that technical and administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner to support the technical personnel in the delivery of facility services projects. The SANSA Hermanus Campus is located on 16 hectares of land within the Westcliffe suburb of Hermanus. The land is mostly under Fynbos. There are several large buildings and many instrumentation huts that require regular maintenance. The site hosts accommodation and a 24/7 Space Weather Centre. SANSA will be applying for National Key Point status for the campus within the near future. This position will be required to provide technical support to the Facility Services team who are responsible for the buildings, working environment, SHEQ etc of this campus. SANSA Hermanus is also ISO 9001: 2015 certified.
This will include but is not limited to the following duties:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years working experience in a technical environment preferably in the building or construction sector
- Experience and knowledge with Facilities Management (buildings, site services, contractors etc.)
- Experience in a regulated SHEQ and ISO 9001: 2015 environment would be an advantage
- Experience in building maintenance administration would be an advantage
- Strong IT Literacy
- Advanced-level skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook
- Intermediate – Advance Level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Fully bilingual (English & Afrikaans at least)
- Giving attention to detail
- An excellent Communicator in both English and Afrikaans
- Calm under pressure and capable of thinking on your feet, especially in a crisis.
- Able to accommodate special projects and deal with shifting priorities
- Providing on- site technical admin support to Facilities team as required
- Researching facility requirements and needs and making recommendations regarding specifications for projects (such as, for example, water system, building construction, health and safety compliance)
- Improving office systems
- Managing and reviewing databases and filing systems
- Improving and maintaining procedures/administrative systems to ensure continued ISO 9001: 2015 compliance
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Liaising with staff, suppliers, and clients daily, and working closely with SCM on procurement requirements for facilities projects
- Management of the Facility Services ticketing system allocating jobs to the correct team member and following up on ticket closure
- Answering calls and liaising with clients competently on technical requirements for building and facilities maintenance
How To Apply:
Please note that due to operational reasons the successful incumbent will be based at the SANSA Hermanus campus in Hermanus in the Western, Cape. Therefore, preference will be given to candidates who live within a 20 km radius of the SANSA site, and a requirement of the position is that the successful incumbent relocate to the immediate Hermanus area.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities . Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 21 April 2022
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.