MUNICIPAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT INTERNS
REF: 2021-2022/57 (5 positions)
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Location: Govan Mbeki Local Municipality
- The candidate should hold a three year Bachelor Degree or National Diploma with majors in either Accounting, Auditing and/or Management Accounting.
- Govan Mbeki Municipality hereby invites unemployed graduates in the fields of Accounting, Economics, Auditing and Finance to submit their CV’s for consideration as Interns under the Municipal Finance Management Intern Programme (MFMIP).
- The MFMIP was introduced to assist municipalities to increase their capacity to implement the municipal finance reforms embodied in the MFMA. The MFMIP seeks to assists municipalities to develop interns with the knowledge and skills in areas such as strategic planning and management, municipal budgeting and finance management.
- Govan Mbeki Municipality is looking for five (5) graduates who will be placed as Interns in the Budget and Treasury Office. The Internship programmme will run for a period of two years. Interns will as well be placed in other units deemed appropriate by the Mentor/Supervisor to gain experience in municipal finance. The interns will be paid an all-inclusive stipend. The programme will be monitored by mentors. All successful applicants will be required to sign an Internship Agreement.
REMUNERATION: All-inclusive stipend
THE PROGRAMME WILL BE FOR A PERIOD OF TWO YEARS ON A FIXED TERM CONTRACT
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 08 April 2022 at 13:00