The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Key areas of work to be fulfilled This role will entail providing support the Strategic Finance Project Director, with various administration functions to ensure streamlined operations and an efficient working environment. The individual will be responsible for supporting the Director in terms of administration tasks which form a vital part of the management of projects, data analysis and quality reporting, within the Strategic Finance Project environment. The core responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to: Strategic Projects:
- Scheduling of stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Attendance of meetings, taking and documenting of minutes and coordinating the tracking of action items
- Timeous follow up on deliverable timelines ensuring feedback is received
- Assisting with benchmarking activities and reports, should this be required
- Assisting with analysing and the population of data pertaining to the projects
- Co-ordinating and collating all feedback received, ensuring reports are updated and filed in respective domains
- Assistance with progress presentations
- Office administration and ad hoc functions as required
Minimum Requirements:· Certificate in Project Management· Diploma or Degree in Business Administration will be an advantage· No years of experience required· Proficient in Microsoft Office – Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint Key Performance Outcomes:Following the internship programme, the individual would have been exposed to various aspects of office management, general computer systems and reporting formats.Experience will also be provided in the financial and academic (business processes) areas in the Higher Education Sector. Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:· Strong listening, organisational and communication skills· Strong communication (written and verbal) and computer skills· Ability to work independently, self-starter and assertive· Detail orientated· Strong planning skills and deadline driven· Generic report writing skills. Criteria for selection of candidates:
- Graduates between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Not studying full time (preferably attending after hours classes).
- Must be a South African citizen or permanent resident.
- Have NOT participated in any Learnership/Internship programme before.
- Be willing to commit to the Internship for the period of 6 months.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION):
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of academic records.
- Certified copy of ID.
- Proof of registration with Professional Body (where applicable).
- Proof of Vaccination Certificate.
STIPEND: R5000 PER MONTH
ENQUIRIES:All enquiries are to be directed to Lebohang Mpeta – Tel: (011) 559-7702 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR Lungiswa Mabalane (011) 559-4108 email@example.com
How To Apply:
Closing date: 18 March 2022
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.