The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is a premier science institution that conducts research with partners, develops human capital and foster innovation in support of the agricultural sector. It
provides diagnostic, laboratory, analytical, agricultural engineering services, post-harvest
technology development, agrochemical evaluation, consultation and advisory services, food
processing technology services as well as various surveys and training interventions. Through its
wider network of research institutes and experimental farms, the ARC provides a strong scientific base and a broadly distributed technology transfer capacity to the entire agricultural industry in South Africa.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
The ARC-Central Office (ARC-CO) seeks to appoint a highly skilled, experienced and dynamic person to the following position at Hatfield, Pretoria:
COORDINATOR: INTERLLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION (IPP)
Key Performance Areas:
• Identify, protect and manage IP emanating from ARC.
• Analyse and determine the IP strategy towards commercialisation.
• Conduct, commission and oversee preliminary patent searches, assess the potential of the ARC
technology to be protected and develop the IP.
• Accurate and timeous recording of all invention disclosures, all relevant information in respect of IP
in the portfolio, associated protecting filings and prosecution and maintenance thereof.
• Conduct IP due diligence.
• Promote and represent the ARC IPM & Comm function to internal and external stakeholders including
training and awareness events.
• Draft, negotiate research agreements and maintenance internal and external stakeholder relations,
• Develop and maintenance an expansion of IP database, agreements and relationships as appropriate,
• Put in place a database for all IP of the ARC.
• Conduct freedom to operate for the potential IP.
• Prepare reports to NIPMO.
• Managing all IP related and relevant legislation.
• Audit License agreement ‘s obligations and support the Manager and or Senior Manager (SM) in
implementing mitigating strategies.
– Develop and implement of improved office systems and procedures as required by ensuring that the
office database is current with all data related to IP and granted licenses.
• Implement office systems and procedures as required by the SM, and other duties as and when
required by the SM and/ Manager.
• Master’s Degree in Agriculture / Sciences.
• Degree in Law or studying towards the field.
• 3 – 5 years working experience of which 3 (three) years should be in intellectual property
management, negotiating, licensing, technology advancement, and commercializing in HEI, Science
council or technology-based environment.
• Experience in policy development, programme implementations, service delivery and innovation
within HEI or SC.
• Patent Board Examination Group 1 will be added advantage.
How To Apply:
A competitive remuneration package will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of
the position. The appointment will be subject to a positive security clearance and preference will be given
to South African citizens.
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (Including certificates, supporting
documents, copy of driver’s license and nationality. NB: Non-RSA Citizens/work permit holders must attach certified copies) as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees must be e-mail to HRCV@arc.agric.za
SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be
considered. Applicants who do not receive any response four (4) weeks after the closing date must regard
their applications as unsuccessful. The Agricultural Research Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity. The company has the right not to appoint.
Enquires: Dr Cynthia Motsi, Tel: (012) 427- 9832
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 11 MARCH 2022