Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Operating Division: TPT Richards Bay MPT
Position Title: Port Worker
Employee Group: Non-Permanent
Location: Various Locations
Reporting To: Operations Supervisor
Grade Level: HRLYL1
Reference Number: 2021279
The Provision of labour as directed by a supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimised cargo operation in Kendal (Mpumalanga).
- Cleaning of operational equipment (rail siding, rail wagons, cabin etc)
- Inspect of Container and Rail Wagon condition,
- Rail Siding monitoring operations
- Opening and Closing of rail wagon twist-locks
- Loading offloading and stacking of cargo in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Hooking /unhooking and loading of rail wagons and offloading of road trucks
- Tarping/ untarring where applicable
- Place/remove dunnage, Clean Rail and Road Spillages.
- Cleaning of operational areas, rail trucks, plant, workshop, offices, sheds and ablution facilities as instructed.
- Compete for applicable documentation i.e. accident reports
- Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/gear.
- Matric with a minimum of 2 years as a port worker /general worker experience
- Grade 10 with a minimum of 3 years working experience in Bulk Cargo, Rail/ General worker /Road or a similar working environment.
– Position Ring-Fenced to the Kendal Community in Mpumalanga
– Proof of residential address must be attached / proof of address from the ward councillor.
– Confirmation of the voter’s roll must be obtained from the local Municipality.
– Indicate Last School Attended and Certified Copy of School Report/Matric
– Certified copy of ID
– Write the Reference Number on the CV
– If any of the above documents are not attached, the application will be deemed invalid
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 24/02/2022