Tracker requires the services of a DBA reporting to the IT Infrastructure Department. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall administration of all databases including the design, build, maintenance and documentation as well as for implementing optimizing methods to store, analyze, utilize, and organize data associated with the applications portfolio. The successful candidate will work very closely with infrastructure operations teams to ensure that all necessary controls are in place to securely support the company’s service offerings.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support application teams as a database administrator running RDBMS technologies multi-node instance(s)
- Supporting one NoSQL technology as a DBA desired.
- ITIL Change Management, Problem Management, Incident Management etc. procedures using tools (Service Now, BMC Remedy).
- Migrating Relational / SQL environments to NoSQL environments
- Pro-actively evaluate evolving technologies and recommend solutions to business problems.
- Setting up, monitoring and troubleshooting popular Relational Databases.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Master Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, leveraging appropriate monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Oracle performance monitoring tools and methods.
- Expertise with physical and logical schema design and troubleshoot common issues.
- Detect and troubleshoot potential database related issues and constraints (CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, etc.).
- Data loading into RDBMS from other non-RDBMS systems.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, Database commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- RDBMS patching, upgrading, applying CPUs, resolving patching conflicts etc.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating Knowledge Transfer documents, run-books, topology etc.)
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Ability to be on call production support on a rotation basis.
- Leads / Participates in planning for system development and expansion.
- Leads / Participates in systems software and/or hardware projects.
- Manages projects of limited scope or portions of large and/or complex projects.
- Guides technical staff on a project basis.
- Responsible for staff training of new applications and features.
- Responsible for maintaining availability, security, and data integrity of applications
Qualifications And Experience
- National Diploma or Degree in Information Technology
- Production implementation experience desired.
- 3 years’ experience in SQL as a DBA, including server architecture and administration
- Microsoft SQL Server certification
- MCDBA and / or MCTS certification
- Extensive knowledge of database security and associated best practice.
- Strong documentation skills and able to define processes
- Strong documentation skills and able to define and follow process
- Experience with SQL server capacity management, load balancing, clustering and associated technology
- Willing to work extended hours
- Willing to travel
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast-paced and demanding.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy. Work well under pressure with the ability to deliver on time.
How To Apply
Closing Date: 22 February 2022