The National Research Foundation seeks to appoint an Administrative Assistant within the Human and Infrastructure Capacity Development (HICD) Directorate.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
- General office administrationProcurement and financial administrationProactively managing the Director’s and Professional Officer’s calendarsDocuments, data and records managementSupporting the directorate in the implementation of projects in a matrix environmentOrganising physical or virtual workshops and meetingsArranging logistics (flights, accommodation, car hire) for local and international travelHandling and processing communication to the office (e
- e-mail, telephone, mail)Liaising with internal and external stakeholdersDrafting minutes, word processing and formatting of documentsCollating and distributing reports
- Grade 12 / Senior Certificate / National Certificate / Vocational 4 /N3 N4 N5/ NQF 4
- 1-5 years
- Diploma in Office Administration or Matric with relevant short courses Diploma in Office Administration is preferredThree (3) years relevant work experience as an administrative assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Proven competency in the use of MS Office suite, particularly with MS Word, PowerPoint and ExcelProven competency in the use of virtual platforms (MS Teams, Zoom, Skype)Ability to interact professionally with a wide range of stakeholdersAbility to manage time and to work under pressureAbility to work independently and within teams
- Good financial administration / procurement experienceGood written and verbal communication skills High level of accuracy and attention to detailAnalytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
The NRF website provides more details on the initiatives and activities
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV by registering and apply online through the NRF Recruitment and Selection Portal.
Applications should be accompanied by a letter of motivation indicating the applicant·s suitability for the position.
The names and contact details of at least three referees should be provided.
- Skilled in applied field of position
- Knowledge to be relevant
- Responsible in performing duties
How To Apply:
Closing date: 25 February 2022