NO-FIN/TPO/21/01/2022 National Office – Temp Procurement Officer
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
TEMP PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
NATIONAL OFFICE – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a temporary basis for a period of 3 months. The position is based in Braamfontein.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and how to implement and leverage these within a matrix business environment.
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Able to create ‘functional integration’ within the Procurement Department.
- Able to partner with qualifying members of the organisation’s cellphone account to provide quality service efficiently and timeously.
- Excellent client service orientation and service excellence disposition and the ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Financial and Microsoft Office skills to provide support services to the Procurement Function within Legal Aid SA.
- Obtain quotations and tenders for goods and services.
- Create and generate purchase requisitions/orders/GRN.
- Assist with the tendering process.
- Processing of payments.
- Ensure that all assets and risks are adequately insured.
- Handle insurance claims.
- Maintenance of all aspects of the cellphone account.
- Arrangements for courier services.
- Responsible for stationery/consumables.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate.
- One (1) year relevant work experience within a procurement/financial environment, preferably in the public sector.
- Experience in AI, Syspro and Excel is strongly recommended.
- A relevant recognised tertiary qualification in procurement will be an added advantage.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous together with good consulting skills.
BASIC SALARY: R211,713.00 plus benefits per annum
How To Apply:
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 08 February 2022, quoting the reference number NO-FIN/TPO/21/01/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Itumeleng Motaung, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.