The Council for Geoscience is a key component of the National Science and Technology System. It undertakes geoscientific research and provides geoscientific services to a variety of clients, including the state. The clientele base is national throughout the SADC region, and further afield, including North Africa, Asia and South America. We invite applications for the positions as listed below.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Job Title : General Assistant
Peromnes Grade : P15 (R185 753.04 CTC Per Annum)
Location : Bellville Region
Reporting Line : Facilities Manager
Overall Job Purpose : To render effective and efficient support services in terms of administrative support, first-line general building maintenance (Plumbing, electrical, etc.) furniture movement, driving services,clerical and messenger services, maintaining up-to-date and accurate registers and records for items and goods receipt/dispatch in the Council for Geoscience.
- Render routine and general administrative support services.
- Receiving and keeping records of goods and documents received from external clients and deliver to assigned staff members.
- Complete all the required and prescribed records with regards to the items and goods handled promptly.
- Participate in stock-taking and control, sorting, and packaging activities of office consumables.
- Assist in the provisioning of effective office building and infrastructure maintenance.
- Safekeeping and movement of tools and equipment in the Council for Geoscience.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance program and assisting with resolving immediate maintenance and/or safety concerns.
- Ensure all the building infrastructure is properly maintained and clean at all times.
- Maintain neat and clean gardening and landscaping.
- Liaise with all external maintenance service providers.
- Conduct periodic building audits.
- Fetch and deliver mail from the post office on daily basis.
- Collecting and distributing mail documents, parcels, and other consumables.
- Ensure that external doors, outbuildings, and vehicles are locked at night.
- Monitor and maintain vehicles for obvious damages, load emergency tools, unload filed equipment & samples.
- Keep the vehicles clean and serving up to date.
- Ensure that batteries are fully charged using the trickle charger.
- Fetch and deposit funds from the bank.
- Serves as an assistant to the geologist during fieldwork as and when required.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as instructed by the Regional Coordinator when deemed necessary.
- Good clear mind
- Trustworthy and honesty
- Team player
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years experience and knowledge in messaging, general building, and gardening maintenance.
- Must be able to read and read as an advantage.
- Grade 12
- More than 5 years Drivers License, Code 08 (EB/B)
How To Apply:
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to email@example.com. Please quote the position title (General Assistant: Bellville) as a reference when submitting your application.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
All appointments are subject to vetting processes. Appointments are subject to positive vetting results.
The processing of your personal information by the Council for Geoscience will be done in accordance with the POPI Act 4 of 2013
Applications submitted on CGS social media platforms will not be considered.
Closing Date: 11 February 2022