The Organisation requires the services of a General Manager: Supply Chain Management in the Chief Financial Officer’s Division. This position will be based at Groenkloof National Park, Pretoria. The above position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Groenkloof (Head Office)
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Relevant Post-graduate degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics Management which includes specialising in public sector procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Management membership, preferably CIPS
- 7 to 9 years experience as a Senior Manager in Supply Chain Management
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant and applicable SCM best practices as incorporated into the SCM field and in legislation.
- Demonstrable understanding of legislative interpretation and change management, and track record of successfully providing advice on complex SCM matters
- Be highly self-motivated needing minimal supervision
- Excellent negotiations and good networking skills
- Experience in contract management is essential.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation: PPPFA, BBBEE, PFMA, Tourism Charter and Corporate Governance.
- Financial management.
- Leadership and analytical skills.
- Business communication skills.
- Provide strategic direction of SCM to Board, Managing Executives and the departments.
- Develop and implement SCM Strategy.
- Develop and implement SCM policies, processes and systems.
- Design and lead legislative and best practices, with enabling systems, particularly transformation within SCM.
- Ensuring quality assurance of key submissions, including regulatory reporting, bid submissions and bid specifications.
- Influence and monitor SCM planning and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for all SCM related legislative and stakeholder reporting.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Organization on drafting and negotiating service contracts.
- Provide training and advice to SANParks staff on the SCM process.
- Develop and monitor SLA and OLA (operational level agreement), and monitor compliance.
- Identify, mitigate and manage enterprise-wide SCM risk and related risk.
- Provide administrative support to the Organisation.
- Manage performance and development of staff.
- Ensure compliance to the regulatory framework: reporting and policy alignment.
- Implement the BBBEE, PFMA, PPPFA etc.
R 909 183 – R 1 300 000
How To Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above-stated qualifications should forward their applications which should consist of a covering letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualification(s) and Identity Document (certified within the past 6 months) to the following address:
Human Resources Division
SA National Parks
PO Box 787
Fax: 086 295 4078
Applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualification Authority.
If you have not been responded to within 21 days of the closing date please accept that your application was not successful.