REFERENCE NR : VAC7850 & 1625
JOB TITLE : Specialist Database Administrator X2
JOB LEVEL : C5
SALARY : R 455 638 – R 683 457
REPORT TO : Senior Manager: Open Source Systems
DIVISION : ITI Infrastructure Services
DEPT : ITI: Hosting DOD Open Systems & HCI
LOCATION : SITA Erasmuskloof
POSITION STATUS : Permanent (Internal & External)
Purpose of the job
Provision Database services, design, support, install, maintain and administer database management system and
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Key Responsibility Areas
Infrastructure Preparation. Management and Administration. User Support. Reporting and Communication.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum: 3-year National Higher Diploma / Degree in an ICT related field (Computer Science, Information
Systems, Technology and Engineering).
Microsoft SQL Server database certifications. Oracle Certified Professional. MySQL Database Administrator.
Experience: 3 – 5 years practical work experience of database administration on different platforms with
programming experience and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
Technical Competencies Description
Knowledge & Skills: ADABAS, NATURAL, COMPLETE, IMS, Datacom, IDMS, Oracle, SQL IT server hardware,
software setup and configuration. SQL Clustering SQL Always on MySQL Replication SCOM Basic knowledge of
application development Advanced Agile/Scrum knowledge Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
and database change management & automation Capacity planning, Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery,
Project Management Business/Systems Liaison Customer Relationship Management Meta Data Management
Information Architecture/Strategy Business Intelligence Architecture/Tools.
Skills: Database Administration, Database Management.
Interpersonal/behavioural competencies: Attention to Detail, Analytical thinking.
Other Special Requirements
• Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
• Successful security vetting and clearance.
How to apply
- To apply please log onto the e-Government Portal: www.eservices.gov.za and follow the following process;
- Register using your ID and personal information;
- Use received one-time pin to complete the registration;
- Log in using your username and password;
- Select Recruitment Jobs;
- Select Recruitment Citizen to browse and apply for jobs;
- Once logged in, click the Online Help tab for support if needed.
For queries/support contact the following people: Prudence.firstname.lastname@example.org, Masoko.Rallele@sita.co.za and
s sent to the above email addresses will not be considered.
Closing Date: 27 January 2022
SITA is an Employment Equity employer and this position will be filled based on Employment Equity Plan. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Preference will be given to members of designated groups. • If you do not hear from us within two months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. • Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Please clearly indicate the reference number of the position you are applying for. • It is the applicants responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications
• Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
• SITA reserves a right not to make an appointment.
• Appointment is subject to getting a positive security clearance, the signing of a balance score card contract,
verification of the applicants documents (Qualifications), and reference checking.
• Correspondence will be entered to with shortlisted candidates only.
• CV`s from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
• CV’s sent to incorrect email address will not be considered