The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI). SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies, and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast-paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you. The following learning opportunity exists at the Space Operations programme situated in Hartebeesthoek, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, qualifications and who puts the interests of the nation first, has a commercial mind-set, thinks like our customers, knowledge driven and people centric.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Satellite Operations Technicians (2x In-Service Trainees)
The Trainees in this role will be exposed to satellite ground station operations which include rendering Earth–Observation satellite data acquisition services to SANSA’s Earth-Observation directorate, as well as providing Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) support and satellite monitoring services to a host of international space agencies and satellite operators.
Key areas of learning will include but not limited to:
- Operate, maintain and monitor antenna systems, Radio Frequency (RF) and electronic equipment associated with satellite ground-station operations.
- Participate in TT&C operations which involves the rendering of ground segment services to SLV’s (Satellite launch vehicles) including launch, Transfer-orbit support, Launch and Early-orbit, In-orbit test operations) to customers
- Provision of Operations and Maintenance services to SANSA-owned and customer-hosted systems, equipment and infrastructure
- Ad-hoc project work and the opportunity to work on or add value to new or existing projects, systems and processes.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
- S3/S4 Electronic Engineering qualification with good academic results specializing in Telecommunications
- Final year of studies and in search of P1 and P2 in-service training to complete the qualification
- Satellite Technology course work
- Understanding of microwave principles, applications and telecommunications
- Proficient in English language and good communication skills
- Computer skills
- Must be able to use both hands and have good vision
- We are in a remote area with no access to public transport, applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and reliable transport to and from work.
How To Apply:
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to African females and people with disabilities.
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV and apply on: https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 27 January 2022